Rolling steel door
Rolling steel doors should be fast, secure and durable. Additionally, a rolling steel door should be safe, rugged, and easy to operate. Traditionally, all of these features have not been present in a single door. On January 26, 2010, Overhead Door Corporation introduced the RapidSlat door system to architects, facility managers and business owners. The door system, which combines the best of both worlds; speed and efficiency, as well as strength and durability, is an advancement of the Rolling Steel line. Typically, businesses which need both speed and security are forced to utilize two doors, a lightweight yet highly efficient fabric door and a heavier more durable rolling steel door for security purposes. Operating and maintaining two doors equates to double the costs and often times lower profits. As an organization, Overhead Door Corporation saw an opportunity to meet an unmet need in the marketplace. The Rapid Slat door system offers the convenience of two doors in one and solves this problem for one low price.
- Reliable springless operation eliminating the need for a counterbalance
- A variety of windload, insulation, and weather seal options to cover all applications
- Universal components for easy maintenance
- Advanced diagnostics for fast and easy trouble-shooting
- Built-in safety features including a sensing edge and photo edge for peace of mind
- A self-energizing stop lock brake to prevent uncontrolled curtain travel
- An easy to clean anti-graffiti powdercoat finish
- Two-year or 300,000 cycle limited warranty coverage on components
- Five-year limited warranty coverage on the motor
Suited for applications in high-traffic areas such as auto dealerships, hospitals, parking garages, loading docks, and delivery bays, RapidSlat is ideal for the harshest of environments.