G-Technology is shipping an external RAID disk with 800GB of storage capacity in a compact and stylish aluminum enclosure.
"I am delighted to announce that G-Tech is now shipping G-RAID 800, the industry's highest performance, highest capacity 2-disk FireWire 800 RAID solution for content creation applications," said Roger Mabon, CEO of G-Technology Inc. "It supports dual-stream uncompressed video playback with real-time effects and audio over the entire 800 GB of storage capacity. You can store over 60 hours of DV or over 10 hours of 8-bit uncompressed video footage."
The disk is a high-performance 2-drive FireWire 800 RAID system with a storage capacity of 800 GB.
The disk supports:
- Three FireWire ports
- Two 7200 RPM, high-performance disk drives
- Multi-stream playback with real-time effects
- Up to seven DV streams, four HDV streams, or three DVCPRO HD streams
- Dual-stream 8-bit SD, single stream 10-bit SD
- Mac OS and Windows compatibility
G-Technology designs and produces innovative FireWire storage solutions for Macs and PCs.