Smartwatches are wearable computers and hybrid smartwatches are ones that retain the look and feel of a traditional watch. On October 17, 2017, Fossil announced the launch of its smallest hybrid smartwatches to date, featuring new products including Q Neely and, Q Jacqueline. Tailored specifically to the female customer, the newest additions to the Fossil Q lineup infuse technology into the classically designed watch profile of the brand’s best-selling styles, while offering new functionality.
Available starting October 22 in Fossil stores and site, these new smaller styles offer customers the most discreet and fashion-forward options for smartwatches yet, featuring a 36 millimeter case and Fossil’s quintessential understated, yet elegant design, as well as limitless options for personalization including interchangeable straps in leather, silicone and stainless steel.
Like other hybrid smartwatches currently available from Fossil, Q Neely and Q Jacqueline blend analog design with smart connectivity. Users can discreetly get incoming smartphone notifications with vibrations and watch hand animations, as well as track fitness goals, including steps, calories, and sleep. Users can easily compare time in multiple time zones and choose from a list of Shortcuts to customize the three available pushers to operate a smartphone camera, control music, ring your phone, and more.
The release of brand new styles coincides with a redesigned and improved Fossil Q app experience. The app update features an easier-to-use, streamlined user interface with a cleanly designed aesthetic. A pared down home screen puts the app’s most used features, including activity data, notification customizations, and customized Shortcuts at the user’s fingertips, offering a more intuitive and engaging user experience. Among the most impactful updates are new customized pusher Shortcuts that allow users to quickly check their commute time or estimated arrival time at a pre-specified location, or activate a stopwatch, simply with a push of a button and a glance at their wrist. Fitness features are also enhanced in the latest update, and unique visualizations let users assess their activity progress and goals over time.
- 36 millimeter case size—the smallest among Fossil hybrid smartwatches to date
- Battery life up to six months, depending on use
- Filtered notifications with vibration and watch hand animations
- Activity tracking (steps, calories, distance), sleep tracking, and custom goal setting
- Automatic time zone updates
- Customizable pusher Shortcuts, allowing users to get glanceable information on their watch face with customizable pushers and activate smart button capabilities including:
- Commute Time, Stopwatch
- Activity Progress
- Second Time Zone
- Ring my phone
- Control my music
- Take a photo
- Ladies casual hands with lum for better legibility at night
- Compatible with Android OS 5.0+ and iPhone 5/iOS 9.0+
- Beautiful and intuitive redesign, including a streamlined user interface
- Glanceable data and most used features immediately available on app home screen
- New unique activity visualizations to assess progress and goals over time
- New customizable pusher Shortcuts that allow users to quickly glance at their wrist and:
- Get estimated commute time, or ETA at a pre-specified location
- Use a stopwatch