Attunity today announced the general availability of the Attunity Web Services Gateway, a powerful solution to easily expose legacy applications as reusable and standard Web Services.
The Attunity Web Services Gateway provides simple definition and seamless deployment of legacy functions as standard Web Services. The Web Services Gateway is an integrated component of the Attunity Connect product family and works with all the Attunity Adapters to provide a single, unified solution.
Features and benefits of the Attunity Web Services Gateway include:
- Automatic Web Service Generation: The Attunity solution simplifies the generation of Web services by providing a Web Services Deployment Wizard that automatically deploys Attunity adapters into the Web Service Gateway. The Wizard leverages the Attunity adapter XML-based metadata, and generated standard Web services with no coding required.
- Prebuilt Adapters to Legacy Systems: Built on the Attunity Adapter Framework, the Gateway works seamlessly with all Attunity Connect adapters, offering a single solution for any legacy system including IBM Mainframe (CICS, IMS/TM, IMS/DB, Adabas, DB2, Cobol), IBM iSeries (RPG, DB400), HP NonStop (Pathway, Enscribe, SQL/MP), OpenVMS (RMS, Oracle Rdb, DBMS), Unix and Windows (Tuxedo, Adabas, ISAM, and any RDBMS).
- SOAP, WSDL and UDDI Standards: The Web Services Gateway is based on the standards underlying the Web services architecture, including XML (eXtensible Markup Language), SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), WSDL (Web Services Definition Language) and UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration of Web services). Legacy functions are defined as standard Web services with WSDL definition, can be activated using standard SOAP messages and exchange XML based data. The services can be registered in any UDDI registry for look-up and discovery.
- Simplify Federated Data Access: Attunity provides a powerful capability to expose any corporate data through a federated data model, transparently mapping the request to one or more actual databases while maintaining data integrity. Coupled with Web Services standard interfaces, Attunity reduces the complexity for new application development and integration.
- Complete Life-Cycle Management for Web Services Integration: The Attunity Studio is an integrated toolset for managing the life cycle of all Attunity adapters, from metadata import, to configuration, to deployment and runtime management. The Web Services Gateway plugs-in to this integrated GUI, providing a unified user experience and increased productivity.
"The Attunity Web Services Gateway significantly reduces the cost and complexity of legacy systems interoperability," said Dan Potter, vice president of marketing at Attunity. "Our comprehensive adapter library, together with our new ability to generate Web services with a few simple mouse clicks, enables enterprises to begin to enjoy the benefits of Web services with minimum investment and risk."
Attunity is a leading provider of standards-based integration middleware for accessing mainframe, enterprise data sources and legacy applications. The Attunity Connect product family provides standards-based access to over 35 data sources on 20 different computing platforms. Attunity Connect adapters reside natively on each target platform and provide enterprise-class integration capabilities such as real-time read/write access, distributed transaction management, heterogeneous joins between relational and non-relational data sources, and optimized query execution. Attunity Connect makes legacy systems accessible through SQL and XML based interfaces including JDBC, ODBC, JCA, COM and SOAP.