A new broadband access device has been designed to combine multiple voice and data technologies into one unit including Voice over IP (VoIP), ADSL Internet access, wireless networking and alternate access such as Fiber to the Premises (FTTP).
TriLink Gateway from Westell Technologies integrates multiple broadband technologies into a single device that enables self-installable wireless/wired networking for home or small businesses without the need to purchase multiple devices.
The product provides the following benefits:
- Easy to use and install: No need to purchase and connect individual conflicting devices to access multiple applications.
- Built-in ADSL with integrated modem and router makes turn up simple and reliable
- Dedicated WAN/LAN Ethernet port supporting access to Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) applications provides a path to the future
- Two integrated VoIP access ports with POTS backup eliminate hardware clutter and complexity
- 54 Mbps Wi-Fi wireless networking in addition to 4 port wired networking offers flexibility and local connectivity options.
- Remote device management via the DSL Forum's TR-069 protocol reduces operating costs and improves users' experience
Product features for the new TriLink Gateway include four Ethernet ports with managed switch, one dedicated WAN/LAN Ethernet port for wide area network access and/or Fiber applications, 54 Mbps Wi-Fi 802.11g wireless service, built-in Quality of Service (QoS) for managing multiple, simultaneous applications, optional USB port, two RJ11 jacks for use with conventional telephones to access voice over IP(a) (VoIP).